Women for Health and Wellness, Inc., best known for our Southern Illinois Women’s Health Conference running 31 years, is transitioning to Southern Illinois Wellness. The name of our organization and the format of our event may be changing, but our passion for enhancing the health and wellness of the residents of southern Illinois remains the same.
On March 24, 2018 we will be hosting the Southern Illinois Wellness Expo at John A Logan College from 7:00am -- 2:00pm. It will be a face-to-face experience to meet numerous exhibitors and service providers that are the best in our region. Our Expo will showcase exhibitors by Zone, which will feature areas such as Healthcare, Eco-Friendly Living, Physical Activity, Screening, Food/Cooking-Demo, Back Care & Spa, Kids, Teens and more. There will be door prizes, raffles and engaging activities for the entire family. Vendors will be on-site with food and specialty items to sample and sell.
We welcome partners with products, services and information that helps motivate, educate and inspire participants to take small steps and consider simple solutions for healthy and active living.
- Carterville Lion's Club -- Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
- Centerstone -- Mental Health Screening
- Family Foot and Ankle Center -- Foot Screening
- JALC Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program -- Cardiac Ultrasound Signups
- Marion Eye Center -- Vision Screening
- NuEar Screening -- Hearing Screening
- Shawnee Health Services -- Dental Screening
- SIUC Dept of Kinesiology -- Fitness Screening
- Southern Illinois GI Specialists, LLC -- Colorectal Cancer Risk Assessment/FOBT
Blood Screening is provided by the Heartland Regional Medical Center Laboratory.
You must fast for 12 hours before participating. You may drink water. The test screens for the following:
- Blood Sugar/Glucose
- CHOL/HDL Ratio